Rifle/Pistol Range telephone Number: 262-857-7221
The Rifle and Pistol Range is an open-air range. It has overhead shelter at all shooting positions, a heated waiting room, and shooting benches inside a heated indoor area for a portion of the 100/200 yard section. You may use any or all of the various sections of the Rifle and Pistol Range after paying the daily shooting fee. Shotgun slug shooting is permitted on the Rifle and Pistol Range, and the Blackpowder Range. Hearing and eye protection is mandatory.
The Rifle / Pistol range does not have firearms available for rent!
25 yards: 16 stations outdoors (Enclosed & heated during the winter)
50 yards: 12 stations outdoors
100/200 yards: 10 stations indoors (heated); 20 stations outdoors
All 30 stations of the 100/200 yard section have target backstops at both 100 and 200 yards. Using a small change in elevation, either target can be used.
Timed Fire Zone. A portion of the west end of the 100/200 yard line can be used to practice the various shooting positions and stages required for competition in NRA High-Power and Small Bore matches. Benches can be moved out of the way, and, with prior permission of the duty range officers, timed-fire may be practiced.
Matches, Shoots, & Leagues
CMP and NRA-approved reduced course (200 yard) high power rifle matches are scheduled during the year. In addition, Classic Battle Rifle, Garand and 2 Mini-Palma matches (all non-approved) are scheduled. On match days, the west half of the 100/200 firing line is reserved for the use of the competitors, and the rest of the range is open to the public as usual. The High Power League practices on Tuesday afternoons from April to October. See the “Activities” page on this website, calendars, posters and newsletters for dates.
Action Fun Shoots and NRA Bullseye leagues also are scheduled. Check the CCKC Newsletter for details.
Daily Shooting Fees
Member: $5.00 Non-Member: $30.00
Hours of Operation
Friday afternoons from Noon to 5:00 pm or dusk.
Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm or dusk.
The Rifle / Pistol Range phone number is 262-857-7221.
It is only answered during hours of operation.
Rifle / Pistol Range General Rules
Concealed carry and open carry firearms are not allowed at CCKC!
The holster rule does not impact the use of holsters for possible special events and training programs or during Action Pistol, Action Steel, Cowboy or Urban Action Matches!
- All range users and shooters are personally responsible for range safety and safe shooting.
- All shooters are responsible to immediately correct any unsafe conditions.
- If you observe any unsafe situation, report it immediately to a range officer.
- Shooters and observers, forward of the safety line, must wear ear and eye protection.
- No uncased firearms behind the safety line. Uncase your firearm at the shooting bench with the muzzle pointed down range.
- Keep muzzles pointed down range at all times.
- Keep finger off the trigger until ready to fire.
- During a cease fire, do not handle a firearm for any reason, including cleaning, casing or uncasing. Actions must be open. Magazines must be removed.
- Do not leave your firearm unattended with the action closed.
- Parents are responsible for their children.
- Do not pick up spent brass in front of the firing line until a cease fire has been called.
- Deposit all trash in containers.
- Respect others and their equipment.
- Alcohol is prohibited at all CCKC ranges.
- Persons who have been consuming alcohol or are under the influence of drugs are prohibited from shooting.
- No human facsimile, or any metal targets are allowed.
- Use cement walkways to target areas when posting targets.
- Hang all targets within the orange lines of the backstops.
- Please follow these rules while using the range. Violations will be enforced. Violators will be asked to leave the facility, and subject to criminal and / or civil sanctions.
25 & 50 YARD LINE RULES
- Maximum 5 rounds in any handgun.
- Maximum 5 rounds in any .22 rimfire rifle.
- Slow fire at all times.
- Holstered handguns are not allowed.
- Centerfire rifles – Single Load Only.
- If you wish to check for proper magazine function, ask a range officer for assistance.
- 100 & 200 YARD LINE RULES
Single Load Only – all firearms
- Bench #1 has been assigned to help shooters sight in their rifles. If your first shots are not on paper, please ask a range officer for assistance.
- If you wish to to check magazine function, ask a range officer for assistance.
- Timed fire area available with prior permission of a range officer.